Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Incompatibility Windows 7

Are these changes for the PDC, the member server, or both?

Dale

On 07/21/2017 8:15 AM, Gaiseric Vandal via samba wrote:
In October, when samba was patched for "badlock" I had to set the following

        client signing = auto
        client ipc signing = auto
         server signing = auto

otherwise some of the signing behavior was defaulting on on. You may want to try turning some of the signing options to auto or off.

I am also using NT1 as the min and max server and client protocol. SMB 2.x causes problems.

I am running Samba 4.4.14 on my domain controllers and key file servers. I think Samba 4.2.x is end-of-life so at some point there will be some windows update that will break compatibility. I had Samba 3.6.x running last year and I couldn't keep it working anymore.