Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.

I was reading the rather long chain about this issue from March as I was having the same exact error.

My issue turned out to be with SELinux preventing samba from editing rw permissions. Specifically: SELinux is preventing /usr/sbin/smbd from write access on the directory /share.

I resolved it by changing the following in SELinux:

if you want to allow samba to export all rw
Then you must tell SELinux about this by enabling the 'samba_export_all_rw' boolean.
setsebool -P samba_export_all_rw 1

I just wanted to share with the list incase someone comes along in the future with the same issue.