SMB1 = NT1

WIndows 7 does not support SMB3 it won't negotiate to use it. Windows 10 does support SMB3 which means it will try to negotiate to use it - and since SMB3 doesn't seem to be implemented properly in Samba it then causes problems.

I don't know if SMB2 works ok with Windows 10 clients- most machines in my samba domain are windows 7 Pro (desktop) and Windows 2008/2008R2 (server.) SMB2 caused issues with WIndows 7 and 2008. A Windows client could make one file sharing connection to a samba server but not additional ones. Very weird. I don't know if the problem was with SMB 2.x on the samba file servers or SMB2.x on the samba domain controllers.

On 07/21/17 09:42, Manon JEANJEAN wrote:
What i don' understand is Windows 7 works in SMB3 but not Windows 10 whereas when I am in NT1 it's contrary windows 10 works but not Windows 7...
What's the difference between NT1 and SMB3 who provoc this...

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Gaiseric Vandal via samba [mailto:samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Envoyé : vendredi 21 juillet 2017 15:16
À : samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re: [Samba] Incompatibility Windows 7

In October,  when samba was patched for "badlock" I had to set the following

          client signing = auto
          client ipc signing = auto
           server signing = auto

otherwise some of the signing behavior was defaulting on on.   You may
want to try turning some of the signing options to auto or off.

I am also using NT1 as the min and max server and client protocol.   SMB
2.x causes problems.

I am running Samba 4.4.14 on my domain controllers and key file servers.  I think Samba 4.2.x is end-of-life so at some point there will
be some windows update that will break compatibility.    I had Samba
3.6.x running last year and I couldn't keep it working anymore.