Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] migrating windows 2003 to samba4

On Thu, 2017-07-20 at 19:29 -0300, Guido Lorenzutti via samba wrote:
> Hi there people!
> I been playing a bit with samba4 and I feel
> ready to move a small domain I have from Windows2003 to samba4.
> But I
> did not find a how to.
> I only have 10 users and 10 workstations,
> static ips, and only filesharing. It should be easy.
> Could someone
> point me to the right direction?

That should all just work.  If you can, try using the microsoft tools
(adprep) to prepare the schema for 2008r2 first so you have the same
schema as a new install.

(We expect to have schema upgrade tools on the Samba side in 4.8, but
we can't currently do this automatically).

Andrew Bartlett