Re: [Samba] migrating windows 2003 to samba4
- Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 16:33:32 -0700
- From: Kris Lou via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Samba] migrating windows 2003 to samba4
I imagine it would be something like:
1. Build Samba 4 AD DC
2. (build separate Samba File Server -- see best practices)
3. Join (both) to existing 2003 AD
4. Test, Test, Test!
5. (repoint Client DNS/etc to Samba 4 DC)
6. Transfer FSMO roles to Samba 4 DC
7. Demote 2003 AD
I'd start here:
On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 3:29 PM, Guido Lorenzutti via samba <
> Hi there people!
> I been playing a bit with samba4 and I feel
> ready to move a small domain I have from Windows2003 to samba4.
> But I
> did not find a how to.
> I only have 10 users and 10 workstations,
> static ips, and only filesharing. It should be easy.
> Could someone
> point me to the right direction?
> Tnxs in advance.
> To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
> instructions: https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the