Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] check accounts for known bad passwords

Des anyone know if a script of some sort or way to check my samba accounts for known bad passwords, such as "123321", "1q2w3e", and such?

We are currently the target by a botnet, trying out those easy passwords on our imap server. While many (all?) of our users have good complex paswords, I am not 100% sure about *all* of them. If possible I'd like to disable their accounts, in the case of such bad passwords.

It would be good if such a snippet would bypass the bad_password_count policies, etc, so that I could scan accounts without them becoming locked due to too many failed passwords.

Anyone with an idea how to do this?