Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] [samba] Winbindd without RFC2307 question

On 19/07/2017 16:54, mathias dufresne via samba wrote:
Thank you both for your replies. Unfortunately I will not be able to use
rfc2307 and then uidNumber and co until they modify their AD. It would
perhaps be done soon but for now, no real idea.

So back to Rowland's proposition to use "rid" backend rather than "ad"
backend for idmap configuration.
To switch from "ad" to "rid" idmap backend I just changed :
idmap config CENTORIAL:backend = ad
into
idmap config CENTORIAL:backend = rid

Then I reload everything with "smbcontrol all reload-config"

To finally test all that with "id username" which wasn't working.

I just restart the samba processes (systemctl restart blablabla) and all
went well.

Thank you again :)

Have a nice day all,

mathias
there is also a recent idmap_nss which can be a solution if you have another way to manage uidNumber while keeping cn=uid

keep a eye at all idmap backend available, perhaps one fit your needs, the man pages are availalble:
idmap_ad           idmap_nss      idmap_script
idmap_autorid  idmap_hash     idmap_rfc2307  idmap_tdb
         idmap_ldap     idmap_rid      idmap_tdb2

Emmanuel