Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Best method to do MsChapv2 against AD is SMB-RPC or TCP-RPC

Hi,

I am working on a decade older project, wherein I see that for MschapV2
authentication, NetrLogonSamLogon  rpc message and its preceding rpc
messages like Bind, NetrServerReqChallenge, NetrServerAuthenticate2 are
sent over SMB.

But when I see samba, the above mentioned RPCs are sent directly over TCP.

I am a bit confused here. Which is the best method to go ahead.
I understand this question is not about samba, but a bit of help from
experts will be really valuable.

Thanks,
Paul