Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba 3 File Server joining Samba 4 PDC

If you mean an AD DC, then I don't think it will work.
If you mean an NT-4 style PDC, then you may get it to work.

It's an AD DC, and my plan was to...

1. edit FILE_SERVER smb.conf and change
security = domain
workgroup = SAME_AS_PDC

2. net rpc join -S DOMPDC -UAdministrator%password

This all brushing away the fact that both versions are EOL.

Yes, noted :)

But in theory sounds OK...?

All I want do is pass share authentication requests to the PDC. If there is another way to do that, then please shout.

Thanks.

--

Paul Littlefield

Telephone: 07801 125705
Email: info@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Wiki: http://wiki.indie-it.com/wiki/Special:AllPages
LinkedIn: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/paullittlefield

Paul Littlefield is environmentally responsible. Please consider the environment before printing this email. This email and any attachment is intended for the named addressee only, or person authorised to receive it on their behalf. The content should be treated as confidential and the recipient may not disclose this message or any attachment to anyone else without authorisation. If this transmission is received in error please notify the sender immediately and delete this message from your email system. All electronic transmissions to and from me are recorded and may be monitored. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for viruses. Paul Littlefield accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS (x86_64)