Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Force primary group when using vfs_acl_xattr

Hi list,
I have a question regarding how to force the primary group id when using the vfs_acl_xattr module.

Normally, without vfs_acl_xattr, all I need to do is to chmod g+s the main directory/share and the normal Linux permissions do the rest: any new file/dir will be created with the same group as the main directory.

However, when using vfs_acl_xattr, it simply does not work: child files/dirs are created with the primary group id of the connected user.

So, I have two questions:
1) is this the intended behavior, or I am missing something?
2) it is possible, and how, to force a primary group when using vfs_acl_xattr?

Thank you all.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico