[Samba] Force primary group when using vfs_acl_xattr
- Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 00:26:04 +0200
- From: Gionatan Danti via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Samba] Force primary group when using vfs_acl_xattr
I have a question regarding how to force the primary group id when using
the vfs_acl_xattr module.
Normally, without vfs_acl_xattr, all I need to do is to chmod g+s the
main directory/share and the normal Linux permissions do the rest: any
new file/dir will be created with the same group as the main directory.
However, when using vfs_acl_xattr, it simply does not work: child
files/dirs are created with the primary group id of the connected user.
So, I have two questions:
1) is this the intended behavior, or I am missing something?
2) it is possible, and how, to force a primary group when using
Thank you all.
Assyoma S.r.l. - www.assyoma.it
email: g.danti@xxxxxxxxxx - info@xxxxxxxxxx
GPG public key ID: FF5F32A8
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the