Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Looking for samba 3.6 or newer for SCO/Xinuos OpenServer 6

I am hoping that there is someone out there that can help me with a problem. My company is trying to move away from smbv1. We have a lot of servers to do this on, but largely it is not a problem for out linux and BSD servers. The problem is our OpenServer 6 boxes (of which we have a lot). OpenServer 6 comes with samba 3.0.6, which is too old to support smbv2 or better, and my admittedly feeble attempts to compile a newer version from source have failed miserably.
Has anyone had any luck compiling a newer version of samba for OpenServer 6? If so, would you be willing to share?

Thanks in advance for any responses!
Kevin​