Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] samba domain member server: ntp via chrony

Hi Louis,

I am using chrony on our ceph cluster. I have no specifics on chrony in combination with samba. In fact: our DCs / filservers are older, and from the time when we only used NTP.

The reason we discovered chrony, is because we had continuous time-sync problems (using ntp) on our ceph cluster. Via the ceph mailinglist we were suggested to give chrony a try, and it worked out perfectly.

But again: if there are specific issues with chrony/samba, I don't know them, because our DCs and fileservers are using ntp to time-sync.

Perhaps I should have stated that in my reply to the OP, sorry...

MJ