Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] samba-tool throws Segmentation fault since 4.6

Hi Rowland,

thanks a lot. Please find the package list here: https://pastebin.com/H9TyeJfC

I made the changes you suggested, but no change in behaviour.

Best regards
Johannes

Am 16.07.2017 um 22:03 schrieb Rowland Penny:
On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 21:45:02 +0200
Johannes Engel via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Rowland,

you can see the buildlog including all packages installed at build
time here:
https://build.opensuse.org/build/home:j-engel:samba-unstable/openSUSE_Leap_42.2/x86_64/samba46/_log
Sorry, I get this:

anonymous_user(Anonymous user is not allowed here - please login):

So I repeat, what packages have you installed to compile Samba ?

/etc/hostname:
testbox1.mydomain.com
This should be just 'testbox1'

/etc/hosts:
127.0.0.1    localhost
::1                localhost ipv6-localhost ipv6-loopback
Are using dhcp on the test DC ?
You shouldn't be, I would expect to see a line such as:

<DC IP> testbox1.mydomain.com testbox1

/etc/resolv.conf:
search suse
You do not have any nameservers

/etc/krb5.conf:
[libdefaults]
[realms]
[logging]
      kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5/krb5kdc.log
      admin_server = FILE:/var/log/krb5/kadmind.log
      default = SYSLOG:NOTICE:DAEMON

This should be something like

[libdefaults]
	default_realm = TEST.MYDOMAIN.COM
	dns_lookup_realm = false
	dns_lookup_kdc = true

One example session:
testbox1:~ # samba-tool domain provision --interactive --use-rfc2307
Realm: TEST.MYDOMAIN.COM
      Domain [TEST]:
      Server Role (dc, member, standalone) [dc]:
      DNS backend (SAMBA_INTERNAL, BIND9_FLATFILE, BIND9_DLZ, NONE)
[SAMBA_INTERNAL]:
Administrator password:
Retype password:
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
testbox1:~ #

Try making the changes I suggested above and try the provision again
Done, but unfortunately no change. :(