Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Client join to AD and then to NT: is it possible?

Is this a "classic" samba domain or an actual domain with a Windows NT4 domain controller?

I am presuming you did the following
    Remove the client from the AD domain (change back to workgroup mode.)
    Update registry for signorseal requirements for an NT domain
    Joined the client to the NT domain.

On the server side, what is the min and max protocol (server protocol) settings? Windows 10 won't support SMB3 in a classic samba domain. And in fact, I can't even get Windows 7 / Windows 2008 servers to properly work with SMB2 enabled. My samba servers (classic domain) have following settings to only use SMB1 (aka NT1

        server min protocol = NT1
        server max protocol = NT1

You MIGHT also be able to set

        server min protocol = NT1