Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] S4 4.6.x Internal DNS multi DC Prioritization

All,

I've got multiple AD DC's, and one in a remote office over IPSEC.  I'm also
using the Internal DNS.  Then, I have multiple services using AD as the
user store.  As I understand it, the flow of traffic is:

Application query -> DNS lookup (mydomain.com) -> Round Robin DC

But what I'm seeing is that all of my DC's are being queried in round robin
(from DNS), including the remote location.  This unfortunately results in
latency spikes whenever the remote one is queried.

So, is there any way to configure some sort of subnet prioritization with
the Internal DNS, so that I can exclude the remote DC (or put it at a lower
level) from local queries?

Thanks,

Kris Lou
klou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx