Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba ADS-member-server: FQDNs in /etc/hosts

On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 14:20:42 +0200
"Stefan G. Weichinger via samba" <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am 2017-07-12 um 14:12 schrieb Rowland Penny via samba:
> > There doesn't seem to be any reason why 'secretuser1' gets mixed up
> > with 'Administrator', perhaps you can explain just what happens ?
> 1) user secretuser1 logs into PC, opens share \\server\daten
> 2) in smbstatus I see his connection listed as belonging to
> "administrator     domain users"
> 3) Stefan wonders and writes to samba-ml ;-)

4) Rowland scratches head and wonders 'how the hell is that
happening ?' ;-)

This is happening on the machine connected to, not on the machine

Please post the smb.conf from 'server'
if there is a 'user.map' mentioned in smb.conf, please post this.
check if 'Administrator' is in /etc/passwd
Run 'getent passwd secretuser1'
Run 'getent passwd Administrator'

You should get output from the first, but nothing from the second.