Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Demoting an offline DC

I have an offline DC that i want to demote and i read here
that my samba version has to be at least 4.4, but all my DCs have samba
4.3.11. Is it enough if just one of the DCs has samba 4.4+ or does all my
DCs need at least samba 4.4 for demoting an offline DC?

Also, is there a way of demoting on offline DC with samba older than 4.4?
Maybe if i create a DC with the same name as the one i want to remove, join
the domain and then do a proper demoting?