Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] samba domain member server: ntp via chrony

Hi,

On 07/11/2017 08:32 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger via samba wrote:
Does anyone use chrony(d) instead and can provide a working config file?

I know how to add a server there, sure, but I wonder if there are any specific options or parameters that make sense in this context.

We are using chrony, because it does a better job, also on our ceph cluster. Continuous time sync issues with ntp, and with chrony they're pretty much a thing of the past.

Conf-wise there is no need for anything special, just make sure to use multiple close stratum-1 sources.

MJ