Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba and AD based home shares are visible but not accessible

Am 2017-07-11 um 22:23 schrieb Rowland Penny via samba:

> Yes, it can sometimes be confusing ;-)
> If you follow the Samba wiki and don't understand something, please
> ask, the only dumb question is the one you do not ask. It is also a two
> way street, if you don't understand something, chances are that others
> don't understand it either, so we need to make it clearer on the wiki.

I fully agree to that and like the approach:

if someone understands something (maybe because he built it) it is hard
or impossible for him to consider that someone might not understand
("something so obvious").

This is a fundamental problem with software and its documentation.

And IMO user feedback (constructive, polite, ...) is as relevant in the
whole open source software model as the part of the developer work.

a quote from twitter earlier today:

"Incorrect documentation is often worse than no documentation." -
Bertrand Meyer

;-)

To be explicit: I don't call samba-docs incorrect.