Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Trouble with Kerberos authentication

Did you create a kerberos keytab file to use with dovecot?
https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Authentication/Kerberos

Also, make sure there's a reverse DNS entry for the dovecot server, kerberos usually fails if the reverse address is not resolvable.

Regards,
Vinicius.