Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Public file share Samba 4.6.5

I am trying to configure a public file share on \\fs1\vol1

From a Windows 7 command prompt, I enter: dir \\fs1\vol1
Windows says: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

Where am I going wrong?

Error log says: " SPNEGO login failed: NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER" - that must have something to do with this, but I thought that was the point of "map to guest = Bad User"

My smb.conf:
[global]
        netbios name = FS1
        realm = KATY.LAN
        workgroup = KATY
        log level = 5
        log file = /var/log/samba.log.%m
        max log size = 50
        dns forwarder = 192.168.35.13
        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
        template shell = /bin/bash
        template homedir = /home/%U
        map to guest = Bad User

[netlogon]
        path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/katy.lan/scripts
        read only = No

[sysvol]
        read only = No

[vol1]