Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] remove missing 2nd DC

Am 2017-07-09 um 11:54 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle via samba:
try removing it with samba tool first. how is on the wiki. (remove
dead server) something like that.

removing is an option but should be only the last option.

and make sure you have good backups of the samba databases. double
check it! make backups when samba is down.

I run your backup_samba4 script on the DC ;-) (it does not stop samba when doing its work)

Maybe I simply don't change a thing for the next day(s) and concentrate on the stuff that has to work for the users.

The replication fail messages are ugly, but won't hurt, AFAIK?