Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Doubts about synchronization between DC

On Tue, 4 Jul 2017 09:24:49 -0300
Marcio Demetrio Bacci via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> However, I have verified the following:
> A) the permissions on sysvol folder of DC2 are different from DC1
> DC1: drwxrwxrwx  3 10060 30028   4096 Jul  4 01:15 sysvol
> DC2: drwxr-sr-x 3 root staff     4096 Mai 22 18:58 sysvol
> B) in DC2 there isn't "Policies" folder in
> /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/empresa.com.br/
> Should not they sync those permissions too?

No (well, yes they should, but they don't)

> Is there any problem?

You haven't removed the uidNumber from 'Administrator' as you where
advised to ;-)

You should also read this:

The contents of sysvol aren't created on a second DC, you will need to
sync from the first DC.