Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Invalid parameter error

On Mon, 3 Jul 2017 15:23:01 -0400
phillip mobley <phillipmobley2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok so how can I setup the SAMBA AD on the ZFS? I ma using this
> tutorial guide to do what I need it to do. Now, I do have the samba
> service being installed o a UFS formatted ZFS Volume. I know that
> without that, it won't work right.

I don't think you can at present, I tried to set up a Samba AD DC on
freebsd and failed for precisely the same reason as yours, NFSv4 ACLs.
These do not work with a Samba AD DC. It used to be possible to use the
deprecated ntvfs server, but this is no longer built by default.

If your filesystem can use acls and passes the tests here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/File_System_Support#Testing_your_filesystem

then it should provision as a DC, but as I said, unless things have
changed, you will not be able to provision a DC on Freebsd or distros
based on it.