Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] ldapcmp failures between DC's

I am in the process of preparing to demote a couple of (hardware) aging
domain controllers. At moment, I have four DC's running on my domain.

When I "ldapcmp" between any of the DC's I get failures that appear to be
simple "typos".

Like these:

root@dtdc07:~# samba-tool ldapcmp ldap://dtdc03 ldap://dtdc07 -Uadministrator
SUMMARY
---------

Attributes found only in ldap://dtdc03:

    CN
    DC

Attributes found only in ldap://dtdc07:

    cn
    dc
ERROR: Compare failed: -1

root@dtdc07:~# samba-tool ldapcmp ldap://dtdc03 ldap://dtdc07
-Uadministrator domain
SUMMARY
---------

Attributes found only in ldap://dtdc03:

    OU
    serverReferenceBL
    CN
    DC

Attributes found only in ldap://dtdc07:

    ou
    serverReferenceBL
    cn
    dc
ERROR: Compare failed: -1

When I scroll back through the complete output I cannot find these
differences. In other words they appear only in the "SUMMARY" at the end is
each string test.

Not familiar with these test, should I be concerned about theses
differences before I demote my aging hardware DC's?

--
Bob Wooden