Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Samba 4.6.5 Active Directory on CentOS

I am using Jeff Bales' procedure for configuring SAMBA with Active Directory

When everything is all said & done everything seems to work, but I am not able to configure home directories because the users don't have local Linux accounts - I suspect I need to bind Linux's user table to Active Directory, but cannot seem to make this happen. Any advise?

I am using this to add users:

samba-tool user create user P@ssrod4 --uid=user --uid-number=10001 --gid-number=100 --unix-home=/home/user --home-directory=/home/user --login-shell=/bin/bash --gecos='user' --given-name=Happy --surname=User