Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] ACL SHARE

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 3:29 PM, Rowland Penny via samba <
samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I would tend to agree, if you only have one or two fileservers, you
> can use the 'rid' backend, any more than that, use the 'ad' backend. If
> you use a DC as a fileserver (not really recommended, but sometimes you
> have to) use the 'ad' backend.
>
> Rowland

A bit off topic, but I'm curious about why you advise not using the
idmap_rid backend if you have more than one or two servers. Is this for
simplicity in administration (i.e. not having to configure idmap ranges) or
is there something about idmap_rid that makes it somewhat undesirable in
such scenarios?

Andrew