Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] ransomware etc

Am 28.06.2017 um 11:08 schrieb mj via samba:
Just out of curiosity: is there anything we can do, on the samba side, to counter the recent ransomware attacks? (or limit the damage done)

I'm thinking like: limit the number of files per second a client (workstation) is allowed to edit, or some other smart tricks..?
that would break normal usecases like replace a folder with thousands of files with a older version especially on fast networks