Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Upgrading samba from jessie (4.2) to stretch (4.5) in AD mode...

On Fri, 23 Jun 2017 12:36:13 +0200
Marco Gaiarin via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I supposed SSSD, altought not a samba project, originated from samba
> developers...

No, it is a totally different project, though there are some common
developers.

> anyway, at least using samba 4.2, i was not able to
> have winbind working properly, on detail there's no way to make
> winbind read the rfc2307 data.
>
> Now, on samba 4.5, i'll give it another try...

Things have changed dramatically since 4.2, not least is that a Samba
DC now uses 'winbindd' instead of 'winbind' built into the 'samba'
binary.

I have had 'sudo' and 'autofs' working with winbind, most things can
be made to authenticate via Samba, the main thing to understand is
not to try and make it work via Samba, but to make it work via Active
Directory ;-)

If you have ANY questions, please ask, there are no stupid questions,
except for the ones you do not ask ;-)