Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Samba 4.6.5 and quota

Hello everyone,

I'm having a hard time getting samba 4.6.5 to return the quota to Windows clients. samba has been compiled with quota-support:

/usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd -b | grep 'QUOTA'
   HAVE_SYS_QUOTAS
   HAVE_SYS_QUOTA_H
   HAVE_RPCSVC_RQUOTA_H
   HAVE_GETQUOTA_RSLT_GETQUOTA_RSLT_U
   HAVE_NFS_QUOTAS
   HAVE_QUOTACTL_LINUX
   WITH_QUOTAS

However the client shows the size of the underlying filesystem, not the free space according to quota. The filesystem is ext4.

I have a script which worked under samba 3.6 and 4.2 as "get quota command" but can't work under 4.6.5 because this one only asks for a strange combination of type and uid/gidnumber: It combines the user/group quota type (1 and 3) with uid/gidnumbers of -1 which is not helpful since there is obviously no way to figure out the quota for user X without knowing who user X is... Is this a bug or a feature that I just don't understand ?

get_quota: Running command /usr/local/bin/getsambaquota.pl . 1 -1
get_quota: Running command /usr/local/bin/getsambaquota.pl . 3 -1

Regards,
Stephan