Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] samba 4.4.14 breaks classic domain

I have several Samba 4.4.x servers (Solaris 11 x86_x64) in a samba classic domain. Samba patches are provided via the Oracle solaris package update system.

The two domain controllers are running Samba 4.4.8.

A few weeks ago I ran the latest package updates on a non-critical server, which brought it up to 4.4.13. All was OK as far as I could tell. This weekend I updated packages and brought the server up to 4.1.14.

This appears to have broken compatibility with the domain.

   root@memberserver1:~# net rpc testjoin
   Join to domain 'MYDOMAIN' is not valid:
   NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_DISCONNECTED
   root@memberserver1:~#

   root@memberserver1:~# net rpc join -U Administrator -S PDCServerName
   Enter Administrator's password:
   Failed to join domain: failed to lookup DC info for domain
   'MYDOMAIN' over rpc: The transport connection is now disconnected.
   root@memberserver1:~#

   root@memberserver1:~# net rpc join -U Administrator -S PDCServerIP
   Enter Administrator's password:
   Failed to join domain: failed to lookup DC info for domain
   'MYDOMAIN' over rpc: The transport connection is now disconnected.
   root@memberserver1:~#

"nslookup PDCServer" and "ping PDCServer" both work fine.

I suspect 4.4.14 was not tested in a classic domain and that I may be out of luck.

Appreciate the help.

Thanks