Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] How to remove duplicate zone names in Samba AD DNS

On Tue, 20 Jun 2017 19:39:21 +0200
jean-yves boisiaud via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hello,
> I have thousands of DNS entries like
> BA15-1073
> CNF:058373e2-f784-458f-8c7b-fbf76fa25694
> in my Samba AD. I know that these records are conflicts between AD DC
> synchronisation, and that I can remove it safely.
> When I list the DNS with the command
> samba-tool dns query localhost DOMAIN @ ALL
> it appears that there is a \n between the host name (BA15-1073) and
> the rest of the name (CNF:058373e2-f784-458f-8c7b-fbf76fa25694).
> How could I use 'samba-tool dns delete' to remove this files ? I
> cannot resolve the \n problem.
> I use Samba 4.1.17 on Debian Wheezy, with Bind9 back end.
> Thank you for your help.

I had to stop and think about this and I don't think you can fix it
with samba-tool. I also don't think you can fix it with your version of

Can I ask why you are still using Wheezy ?

If you must stick with Wheezy, you can get an up to date version of
Samba here: http://apt.van-belle.nl/

In Fact, if you upgrade to Jessie (either Debian or Devuan), you can
use the packages you will find there.