Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] [4.2.14-Debian] Smbd not listening on 192.168.0.x on cold start

Hai,

Really, you dont need to edit the systemd files.
Try first with only the interface change.

Then if you still need to edit the systemd files.
You need these settings, but i dont thing you need it after the interface change.

cat /lib/systemd/system/smbd.service
[Unit]
Description=Samba SMB Daemon
Documentation=man:smbd(8) man:samba(7) man:smb.conf(5)
After=network.target nmbd.service winbind.service

[Service]
Type=notify
NotifyAccess=all
PIDFile=/var/run/samba/smbd.pid
LimitNOFILE=16384
EnvironmentFile=-/etc/default/samba
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/smbd $SMBDOPTIONS
ExecReload=/bin/kill -HUP $MAINPID
LimitCORE=infinity

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

------------------
cat /lib/systemd/system/nmbd.service
[Unit]
Description=Samba NMB Daemon
Documentation=man:nmbd(8) man:samba(7) man:smb.conf(5)
After=network-online.target
Wants=network-online.target

[Service]
Type=notify
NotifyAccess=all
PIDFile=/var/run/samba/nmbd.pid
EnvironmentFile=-/etc/default/samba
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/nmbd $NMBDOPTIONS
ExecReload=/bin/kill -HUP $MAINPID
LimitCORE=infinity

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

But again, i never change these file, its just not needed imo.

P.s.
For starting servers after you network is completely up.
You need these
After=network-online.target ( maybe also other's)
Wants=network-online.target

Greetz,

Louis