Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] New AD user cannot access file share from member server

On 19.06.2017 16:06, Viktor Trojanovic wrote:

On 19 June 2017 at 15:49, Rowland Penny via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 09:31:17 -0400
    lingpanda101 via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    > Is the users Primary group name/GID set as 'Domain Users'?

    Yes, see line above, '513' is Domain Users.

    I cannot see any reason why the user doesn't work, I think the best
    idea, as it is only one user, will be to delete and then recreate the
    user. This does mean that any files etc the old user owns may have
    to be changed to the new user

I guess I'll do that and report back. But I sure am curious as to what could have caused this mess..
Just to inform you all that I did delete the user and create a new one. The problem did not reappear. I guess we won't find out what caused the issue.