Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba AD DNS problem

Hi Kristján,

Am 17.05.2017 um 17:40 schrieb Kristján V. Jónsson via samba:
Everything has been working fine, until a few days ago, I
> cannot start the DNS snap-in from windows. I get a dialog> box saying "Access was denied. Would you like to add it anyway?"

The important question is: What has been changed in the meantime? Maybe an updated BIND package messed up your configuration?

Use the docs to verify that everything is still correct:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/BIND9_DLZ_DNS_Back_End

If I enable level 3 debugging in the samba.conf, I get the following:

[2017/05/11 07:25:30.414141,  3] ../source4/auth/kerberos/krb5_init_context.c:80(smb_krb5_debug_wrapper)
   Kerberos: Server not found in database: DnsServerApp@xxxxxx: No such entry in the database
I googled a lot for this, particularly "DnsServerApp" and found no solution.  In desperation, using the ActiveDirectory, I added a "Computer" entry called "DnsServerApp".
This didn't resolve the issue, but changed it.

The dns-* accounts aren't computer accounts. Delete it again to avoid problems.

"samba_upgradedns" can recreates the account correctly. Please try:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/BIND9_DLZ_DNS_Back_End#Reconfiguring_the_BIND9_DLZ_Back_End

Regards,
Marc