Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] DNS (bind_dlz) forwarding not working

On Tue, 16 May 2017 17:04:26 -0300
Elias Pereira via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Not so much forgetting but not understanding ;-)
>

> - Internal DNS that responds to our services (site, moodle, etc) -
> ns.myinstitution.edu (registered in registro.br)
> - Samba DNS answering for samba stuff - addc.myinstitution.edu
>
> Maybe it's better to use SAMBA_INTERNAL instead of BIND_DLZ?

Seeing as BIND_DLZ uses the same info in AD as SAMBA_INTERNAL does,
then no, using the internal dns server will not make any difference.

Which ever dns server you use, it must be authoritative for the AD
domain and if required it should be a subdomain of your registered
domain, see here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Active_Directory_Naming_FAQ#Subdomain_of_a_Domain_You_Own

>From the sound of it, you are trying to do it incorrectly, it
sounds like you are using the same dns domain name for your AD
domain as your existing dns domain, this is not likely to work.