Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Rename domain during classicupgrade step?

Hi Sebastian,

Am 11.05.2017 um 19:39 schrieb Sebastian Arcus via samba:
I can see in the docs that a domain rename is not recommended/supported by Samba for an already provisioned domain. However, what I can't work out is if this is not possible during the classicupgrade step either?

Theoretically it should be possible to change the NetBIOS domain name during the migration. In the background, Samba/Windows uses SIDs and not names.

Try the following in a test environment:
* Set the new NetBIOS domain name in smb.conf ("workgroup" parameter).
* Run the migration

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Migrating_a_Samba_NT4_Domain_to_Samba_AD_(Classic_Upgrade)

Verify that the domain members in your test environment, that were part of the domain before you run the migration, still work correctly afterwards.

Please let us know if this worked.

Regards,
Marc