Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba4 password hook

Hi Andrew,

I try to understand the point of storing the hashed password. Is there any documentation I could read to help ?

Thanks

Simon Elbaz

Le 27/04/2017 à 21:07, Andrew Bartlett a écrit :
On Thu, 2017-04-27 at 19:15 +0200, Simon ELBAZ via samba wrote:
Hi,

Sorry if this question has already been raised.

I would like if there is a tool/hook enabling to catch a Samba4 AD
password change. The password change would be synchronized to an
OpenLDAP userPassword attribute.

Thanks for your answer
See the new support added in Samba 4.5 to store an extra copy of the
plaintext password GPG encrypted.  Details are in the WHATSNEW.

There is (we just need to agree some final details) on an additional
patch set for 4.7 that will also store just the hashed password.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett

--
Simon Elbaz