Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Problems with samba and profile syncing from various windows versions

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 4:39 AM, L.P.H. van Belle via samba <
samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I suggest reviewing : https://wiki.samba.org/index.
> php/Time_Synchronisation  also.
> Because if above isnt working, setup GPO (on the link) part
> - Setting User Defined Time Sources and Options
> But if everything is configured correctly, this should not be needed.

For me, I did not need to set a Group Policy, but I did need to add the
line for "ntpsigndsocket" to the ntpd.conf file, as shown in the wiki.
Without that, Windows workstations would not sync to the AD DC.