Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba Active Directory Domain Controller

On Mon, 8 May 2017 13:29:02 -0400
lingpanda101 via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I believe Rowland is speaking specifically to CentOS 7.3 and not
Ubuntu. CentOS requires network config changes in

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-"Your Interface"

I can't recall where in CentOS to make changes to resolv.conf.

What I was trying to point out was that I couldn't change anything
in /etc on Centos 7.3, I wasn't allowed to. I couldn't change something
on my own computer because somebody, somewhere has decided I shouldn't.
I can guess what it is, but without in depth investigation, I cannot
point the finger at anything.

All I wanted to do was change the nameserver, but, as I said, I wasn't
allowed to.

I would also like to point out I know where to put the settings, if I
am changing them permanently, even on a raspberry pi ;-)

Rowland
Where do you make the changes on CentOS to update resolv.conf? OP should verify his isn't being overwritten. Thanks.

James