Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba Active Directory Domain Controller

On Mon, 8 May 2017 16:50:55 +0200
"L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >It seems that you cannot create a new /etc/resolv.conf ..
>
> Did you remove resolvconf with apt-get remove --purge resolvconf?
> That should have restored the static resolv.conf back.

Well no, I didn't, but then again this was on Centos 7.3, it wasn't
anything to do with resolvconf, I couldn't create any new file in /etc.

I just wanted to test something so, more out of desperation than
anything, I tried the 'mkdir /etc1' trick and it worked.