Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba Active Directory Domain Controller

Hello James,

Even after setting the rfc2307 in smb.conf replication error continues and password change error continues. Error thrown while forcing replication is shown below.

Even after setting RFC, DC2 is not getting synced from DC1. Connection time out error comes.

#samba-tool drs replicate DC2.KTKBANKLTD.COM <http://DC2.KTKBANKLTD.COM> DC1.KTKBANKLTD.COM <http://DC1.KTKBANKLTD.COM> DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=KTKBANKLTD,DC=COM

Failed to bind to uuid e3514235-4b06-11d1-ab04-00c04fc2dcd2 for ncacn_ip_tcp:172.20.107.31[1024,seal,target_hostname=DC2.KTKBANKLTD.COM <http://DC2.KTKBANKLTD.COM>,abstract_syntax=e3514235-4b06-11d1-ab04-00c04fc2dcd2/0x00000004,localaddress=172.20.107.31] NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT ERROR(<class 'samba.drs_utils.drsException'>): DRS connection to DC2.KTKBANKLTD.COM <http://DC2.KTKBANKLTD.COM> failed - drsException: DRS connection to DC2.KTKBANKLTD.COM <http://DC2.KTKBANKLTD.COM> failed: (-1073741643, '{Device Timeout} The specified I/O operation on %hs was not completed before the time-out period expired.') File "/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/drs.py", line 41, in drsuapi_connect (ctx.drsuapi, ctx.drsuapi_handle, ctx.bind_supported_extensions) = drs_utils.drsuapi_connect(ctx.server, ctx.lp, ctx.creds) File "/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/samba/drs_utils.py", line 54, in drsuapi_connect
    raise drsException("DRS connection to %s failed: %s" % (server, e))

Also, as you had suggested, we have run the command 'samba-tool domain passwordsettinsg show'
Before modification:

Password informations for domain 'DC=ktkbankltd,DC=com'

Password complexity: on
Store plaintext passwords: off
Password history length: 24
Minimum password length: 7
Minimum password age (days): 1
Maximum password age (days): 42
Account lockout duration (mins): 30
Account lockout threshold (attempts): 0
Reset account lockout after (mins): 30
Passowrd information for domain after modification using samba-tool:

Password informations for domain 'DC=ktkbankltd,DC=com'

Password complexity: off
Store plaintext passwords: off
Password history length: 3
Minimum password length: 7
Minimum password age (days): 0
Maximum password age (days): 60
Account lockout duration (mins): 30
Account lockout threshold (attempts): 0
Reset account lockout after (mins): 30

When we reset the password policy using samba-tool, after about 10 minutes, the policy comes to DC2 from DC1 and users are allowed to change their password. Now we have disabled the GPO for Password settings.

Probably I feel, due to this replication issue, the DB is becoming inconsistent and errors are being thrown. Also, DNS errors appear to exist in the Domain Controllers. We are using INTERNAL DNS which is adding to problem.

Request you to help us in solving this issue.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Anantha Raghava

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail communication and any attachments may be privileged and confidential to eXza Technology Consulting & Services, and are intended only for the use of the recipients named above If you are not the addressee you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please delete it and all copies from your system and notify the sender immediately by return e-mail. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions.