Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba Active Directory Domain Controller

On 5/3/2017 2:00 PM, Anantha Raghava via samba wrote:
Hello,

I have implemented Samba as Active Directory Domain Controller with Version 4.6.3 on CentOS 7.3, el-514. We have 4 domain controllers named as DC1, DC2, DC3 and DC4. DC1 & 2 are in one location and DC3 & 4 are in a different location. DNS is SAMBA INTERNAL. All 4 servers are properly synchronizing and even GPO updates are working properly with rsync process.

However, off late we have been noticing that on some Windows XP with Service Pack 3 and Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, after joining domain, when user is logging in for the first time, as per policy, the DC will force the user to change their password. When user changes password, PC reports, cannot reach domain or your relationship with DC is not trusted and it happens randomly for some users.
We are unable to figure out what's happenning.

Can some one guide us in figuring out and fixing this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Can you provide your smb.conf on one of your DC's? Are you able to look through event viewer on the workstation exhibiting the issue and see anything relevant?

James