[Samba] Enabling recycle vfs in [global] on an AD DC disables creation of GPO's
- Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 14:58:57 +0100
- From: Sebastian Arcus via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Samba] Enabling recycle vfs in [global] on an AD DC disables creation of GPO's
As per my other post, enabling the recycle vfs module in the [global] section of smb.conf on a Samba AD DC kills the ability to create GPO's through RSAT with the error message:
"This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object"It probably affects other things as well on the AD DC. I've searched through Samba.org and googled in general, and couldn't find any clear info as to if recycle vfs should or shouldn't be configured in [global]. For me it has certainly worked fine in [global] for years, with Samba as NT DC.
Could the information above be added in the wiki or documentation somewhere - to save others some head scratching, please.
-- To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the instructions: https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
- Prev by Date: Re: [Samba] Samba authentication using non-AD Kerberos?
- Next by Date: [Samba] Files alway locked
- Previous by thread: [Samba] samba 4.6.3 for Debian Jessie available. ( amd64 and i386 )
- Next by thread: [Samba] Files alway locked