Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] winbind and white spaces on user/group names

Am 19.04.2017 um 17:11 schrieb Rowland Penny:
I know it is ugly, but it is not born on my idea. But MS also dont
have any problems with it. Is it not really supported in samba?
It is actually a Unix thing and doesn't really have anything to do with
Samba.

I can't confirm fully - linux can handle spaces as well as windows can (take as example a look on file systems from win and linux). Its more program specific like wbinfo. Thats why I want to come back to the wbinfo command: how can I query with it for username with the space. Maybe, when I get the wbinfo command working - it will also work in squid...

A quick google turned this up:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-networking-3/squid-ldap-auth-there-is-a-space-in-user-name-4175534074/

thanks for the hint - but the ldap querys are really urgly, because you have to match the memberof with the ou at the same time. I had it running, but want to switch to winbind, because it is 1. little bit more secure (ntlm/kerberos) and more easy (to complicated ldap querys).

Thomas