Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Unable to add a particular member to group (Samba 4.6.3)

Hello Folks,

I'm getting this strange error when I try to add a particular member to a group:

[root@roquefort admin]# /usr/local/samba/bin/samba-tool group addmembers foogroup foouser ERROR(exception): Failed to add members "foouser" to group "foogroup" - Unable to find "foouser". Operation cancelled. File "/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/samba/netcmd/group.py", line 239, in run
    add_members_operation=True)
File "/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/samba/samdb.py", line 274, in add_remove_group_members
    raise Exception('Unable to find "%s". Operation cancelled.' % member)

However, it seems to work for another account:

[root@roquefort admin]# /usr/local/samba/bin/samba-tool group addmembers foogroup foouser2
Added members to group foogroup
[root@roquefort admin]# /usr/local/samba/bin/samba-tool group removemembers foogroup foouser2
Removed members from group foogroup

Anyone have an idea what's causing this? I even tried to re-create the 'foouser' account and I get the same error.

Thank You!

--
Luc Lalonde, analyste