Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] doubt

On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 11:05:20 -0300
Luiz Guilherme Nunes Fernandes <narutospinal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, i add new configuration in my smb.conf. I try connecting in
> shared backup, this work with authentication, in shared printers, It
> prints with anonymous users and when I insert one valid ad user, it
> prints and displays the following error: "Idle - "Session setup
> failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE"
>
> Another doubt, in directory /var/spool/samba/, no have files, This
> folder should not have the files? i dont need now add drivers in
> network.
>
>     [backup]
>     path = /opt/backup
>     read only = No
>     create mask = 1666
>     directory mask = 1777
>     valid users = user_1, user_2
>
>     [printers]
>     path = /var/spool/samba/
>     print ok = yes
>     guest ok = no
>     valid users = user_1, user_2

Did you copy this from the Samba wiki ?:

       # Default ID mapping configuration for local BUILTIN accounts
       # and groups on a domain member. The default (*) domain:
       # - must not overlap with any domain ID mapping configuration!
       # - must use an read-write-enabled back end, such as tdb.
       idmap config * : backend = tdb
       idmap config * : range = 3000-7999

If you did, did you miss (or misunderstand) this:

You must add an ID mapping configuration for every domain in the
[global] section of your smb.conf file. Please select from the
following Samba domain back ends:

You need to add either the 'ad' or 'rid' backend lines to your
smb.conf. You will also need to remove sssd if it is installed.