Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Setting up a Share Using Windows ACLs

What I do think is, it isn't a good idea to create Samba shares with
spaces in the name, use an underscore instead.

Why? I have been using shares with spaces in their names for years without running into problems even once.

Windows fully supports it, so should and does Samba.

In a business environment you NEED proper, human readable names, not ugly convoluted substitutes.

Just declare the names in smb.conf as they are, without trying to escape anything. It just works.