Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Setting up a Share Using Windows ACLs

On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 17:50:49 +1000
Henry via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2017-04-25 17:46, Rowland Penny wrote:
> > On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 17:26:21 +1000
> > Henry via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> I am not sure this has solved my problem but it has.
> >> My Folder in Linux had a space in it's name. Renaming the folder to
> >> remove the space and updating smb.conf returned the "Security" tab
> >> in RSAT Computer Management.
> >> When I changed the name back to having a space the Security tab
> >> disappeared again.
> >>

> > This is a Unix thing, you cannot have a space in anything i.e.
> >
> > getent group Domain Users
> >
> > will not work, but:
> >
> > getent group "Domain Users"
> >
> > will.
> >
> > Rowland
>
> root@aphrodite:~# getent group "Domain Admins"
> domain admins:x:10001:
> root@aphrodite:~# getent group Domain\ Admins
> domain admins:x:10001:
> root@aphrodite:~#

Well yes, but:

root@member1:~# getent group Domain Admins
root@member1:~#

Unless you do something to work around the space, Unix treats each part
as a different name, so 'getent group Domain Admins' becomes:

getent group Domain
getent Group Admins