Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Setting up a Share Using Windows ACLs

On 2017-04-24 16:45, Rowland Penny wrote:
On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 08:59:54 +1000
Henry via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think I found my mistake. In Windows I was using a domain admins
account other than administrator however only administrator has the
SeDiskOperatorPrivilege. When I login to Windows as administrator it
works. Now with my "testing" share I can do everything I need to ! I
have now created a new share following this procedure and it works
too :)

Good, I will update the wiki page.

I have two existing shares that do not display the "Security" tab in
Windows and I have double & triple checked everything in Samba.
Does Windows/Samba cache the security settings or can I reset the
security settings for these two shares and start again from scratch?

I seem to think that this could be a windows problem, try an internet
search about missing security tab.

When I create a new Samba share... all ok
When I delete my dysfunctional share, remove the folder and recreate from scratch the problem presents.
Somewhere it is being remembered...

Does Samba somehow remember the shares, meaning can I wipe Samba's memory of a past share?